We Are Passionate Toy Creators
We’ve been coming up with new ideas that bring kids and families together for over 35 years! This passion leads us to attack the day ahead like there is no tomorrow. We are focused on conquering the competition as one team, overcoming obstacles with creativity and lending a hand to those in need. Above all, we are a Creative Company where positivity, fun and great ideas are at the core of who we are!
• Generous Benefits – Medical PPO & HMO, Dental & Vision PPO, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, & 401(k) Match
• Growth opportunities and recognition programs
• Paid time off
• Opportunities for growth-oriented “fun days”
• Employee Referral Bonuses – the best source of new employees is from within! And we pay for that!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at Strottman is not a job, it’s a lifestyle! We are always looking for passionate, creative and hard-working individuals to join our team. If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. If applying for any of our open positions below, please send a resume and cover letter along with any additional materials the position asks for.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to work out of our Atlanta, GA office.
The Project Engineer will provide project management and engineering support for all Atlanta-based clients. This is a highly collaborative role working with Marketing/Account Service, Product Design/Creative, Operations and Hong Kong Teams.
Additional duties include:
- In collaboration with the cross-functional project team creates master schedules for all assigned projects. Assigns and tracks all tasks and milestones creating action plans on schedule variances
- Works with Product Designers/Creative developing toy products ensuring feasibility of concepts for functional and mechanical design, cost, manufacturability and timing
- Creates and maintains product specifications with bill of materials, packaging, costing and functional requirements for manufacturing
- Provides guidelines to the Hong Kong Team to include exploded views, material specs, and/or sketches of unique functions
- Provides predictive costing for preliminary product concepts
- Initiates and updates all project costing throughout development. Tracks cost across all programs in a calendar year to assure budget parameters and timing are being met
- Evaluates pricing quotations from Asia and domestic vendors and reconciles with product specifications. Reviews pricing with team, provides solutions to costing challenges, and pursues cost reduction ideas
- Reviews production samples with team and provides direction to assure manufacturability, function and aesthetics
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and at least 3+ years of experience in product design and development, preferably in a toy company
- Experience in plastics part design, injection molding manufacturing, and mechanism design is desired
- A passion for toys and fun! Doesn’t take self too seriously; enjoys collaborating with co-workers on a daily basis
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage critical timelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface at all levels of the organization including Asia office
- The ability to multitask with multiple programs at various stages of development
- The ability to understand creative concepts and how to translate into products that fit project parameters
- The ability to contribute to brainstorms considering multiple substrates with high and low cost targets
- Experience using MS office with an emphasis on Excel proficiency; knowledge of 3D design programs preferred (SolidWorks)