We Are Passionate Toy Creators
We’ve been coming up with new ideas that bring kids and families together for over 35 years! This passion leads us to attack the day ahead like there is no tomorrow. We are focused on conquering the competition as one team, overcoming obstacles with creativity and lending a hand to those in need. Above all, we are a Creative Company where positivity, fun and great ideas are at the core of who we are!
• Generous Benefits – Medical PPO & HMO, Dental & Vision PPO, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, & 401(k) Match
• Growth opportunities and recognition programs
• Paid time off
• Opportunities for growth-oriented “fun days”
• Employee Referral Bonuses – the best source of new employees is from within! And we pay for that!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at Strottman is not a job, it’s a lifestyle! We are always looking for passionate, creative and hard-working individuals to join our team. If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for any of our open positions below, please send a resume and cover letter along with any additional materials the position asks for.
Sr. Brand Manager/Director
The Sr. Brand Manager/Director will work in our new Toy Division leading and collaborating with cross-functional experts driving brand strategy, growing brand equity and market share by activating consumer insights. The New Toy Division, Luki Lab, is the direct to consumer (DTC) arm of Strottman International, designing proprietary toys brands in a variety of categories.
- Directs and helps execute marketing activities including: online marketing, integrated marketing planning, brand planning, digital and social content strategy and execution, media planning, licensing, promotions, advertising, packaging, branding, public relations, trade shows, market research, pricing, costing, forecasting, POS analysis, profitability analysis, and SKU rationalization
- Supports and analyzes online sales from Amazon and other online retailers
- Manages brand positioning, age target, key attributes and ensures product, packaging, marketing communication, licensing and retail deliver on insights-based alignment and flawless execution
- Manages the seasonal brand planning process – slot planning, white space opportunity analysis, product wave planning, price point analysis, NPD competitive data analysis
- Leads cross-functional teams and manages projects related to product development activities including (but not limited to): Translating consumer and business insights into strategic, clear marketing/product briefs, preparing new product start documents, product costing, and packaging
- Educates team on brand information and background that allow them to help create and execute programs that will drive consumer demand. Acts as the brand voice, serving as reviewer and approver of assets and content across platforms
- Analyzes sales and industry data and report on financial performance of assigned product lines to determine trends and key performance indicators and business drivers. Research and report on industry, consumer and competitive trends to guide long and short-term growth plans across all branded categories
- Manages brand financials including inventory, forecasts etc. and understand implications to marketing investment, ROI and key activations
- Craft and present compelling presentations regarding new campaigns, strategies and/or research findings to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the brand as the authority.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing or related discipline; MBA preferred and 6 – 8 years of brand management, retail buying or product management experience
- Kids, Family and/or Toy marketing experience required
- Strong Retail industry knowledge and new product innovations and launch experience required.
- Excellent storyteller/communicator and ability to write compelling presentations
- Ability to conduct/oversee marketing research, find and apply insights
- Experience leading and inspiring a diverse team
- Experience analyzing data and managing financials
- Positive, high energy and has the ability to not take self too seriously!
- Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow up skills
- Strong time management, planning and project execution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships
Product Designer – Toys
We are looking for outstanding Product Designers to join our growing Irvine office for a new Toy Division. You will have the opportunity to create new, direct to consumer, proprietary brands working with an exceptional team of professionals.
The Product Designer role is a hands-on design position that will work on creating NEW Strottman proprietary brands! Reporting to the Executive Creative Director and working closely with senior management, you will impact bottom-line results by brainstorming innovative ideas, designing new toys and packaging – taking your ideas from preliminary design concepts and presentation materials through final manufactured/printed product and collateral.
This position works collaboratively with all departments in a team environment.
- Must have a passion for and proven track record of coming up with innovative ideas!
- Bachelors in Design, Illustration or Industrial Design and 3- 5 years’ experience designing toys
- High level of energy, effective collaboration, and the ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Consumer of pop culture and everything kids and family related
- Capability to innovate and design independently, and brainstorm with a team
- Ability to illustrate/sketch product ideas is a must including ability to create orthographic views
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects at once, while keeping strict deadlines
- Experience managing freelance resources
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Presentation Programs; Experience using 3D design programs a plus
In addition to a resume and cover letter, applicants who meet the above qualifications are invited to also forward their portfolio, website link, and/or other work samples.
Design Engineer/Sr. Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer/Sr. Engineer to work out of our Irvine, CA office.
The Design Engineer/Sr. Engineer will work in our new Toy Division collaborating with Product Designers providing engineering and design solutions. This role also works closely with our Hong Kong team on design engineering and costing.
Additional duties include:
- In Collaboration with Product Designers, develops products ensuring feasibility of concepts for functional and mechanical design, cost, manufacturability and timing
- Creates and maintains product specifications with bill of materials, packaging, costing and functional requirements for manufacturing
- Provides guidelines to the Hong Kong Team to include exploded views, material specs, and/or sketches of unique functions
- Manages and creates digital and physical modeling to ensure models meet manufacturability, functional, safety and costing expectations
- Provides predictive costing for preliminary product concepts
- Evaluates pricing quotations from Asia and domestic vendors and reconciles with product specifications. Reviews pricing with team, provides solutions to costing challenges, and pursues cost reduction ideas
- Reviews production samples with team and provides direction to assure manufacturability, function and aesthetics
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and at least 10 years of experience in product design and development, preferably in a toy company
- A passion for toys and fun! Doesn’t take self too seriously
- Enjoys collaborating with co-workers on a daily basis
- Experience in plastics part design, injection molding manufacturing, and mechanism design is desired
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and the ability to manage critical timelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface at all levels of the organization including Asia office.
- The ability to multitask with multiple programs at various stages of development
- The ability to understand creative concepts and how to translate into products that fit project parameters
- The ability to contribute to brainstorms considering multiple substrates with high and low cost targets
- Limited travel to Hong Kong, China, and satellite office in Atlanta, GA
Advanced Excel experience and Intermediate to advanced experience using SolidWorks and other 3D design programs