We Are Passionate Toy Creators
We’ve been coming up with new ideas that bring kids and families together for over 35 years! This passion leads us to attack the day ahead like there is no tomorrow. We are focused on conquering the competition as one team, overcoming obstacles with creativity and lending a hand to those in need. Above all, we are a Creative Company where positivity, fun and great ideas are at the core of who we are!
• Generous Benefits – Medical PPO & HMO, Dental & Vision PPO, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, & 401(k) Match
• Growth opportunities and recognition programs
• Paid time off
• Opportunities for growth-oriented “fun days”
• Employee Referral Bonuses – the best source of new employees is from within! And we pay for that!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at Strottman is not a job, it’s a lifestyle! We are always looking for passionate, creative and hard-working individuals to join our team. If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. If applying for any of our open positions below, please send a resume and cover letter along with any additional materials the position asks for.
Sr. Product Designer – Irvine, CA
The highly visible role of Senior Toy Product Designer is a hands-on position that creates, directs and executes all visual art elements of assigned toy programs.
In this role you will impact bottom-line results by brainstorming innovative ideas, designing new toy and paper-based premium products – taking your ideas from preliminary design concepts and presentation materials through final manufactured/printed product and collateral. Aside from hands-on work, you will direct freelance talent in the development, preparation, design and execution of the art elements of any assigned project to deliver projects to required quality levels and budget. Future growth will include leading brainstorms, supervising a team and making presentations to external clients and management.
This position works collaboratively with all departments in a team environment.
COVID-19 Working Conditions:
This position will work in a hybrid, flexible work arrangement. This role will start working remote and come into the office as needed with more regular days/times starting in Fall 2021.
- Success = A natural curiosity and passion for toy ideas!
- Bachelors in Design, Illustration or Industrial Design and 6+ years’ experience designing a variety of different toys – paper and plastic
- High level of energy, effective collaboration, and the ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Capability to innovate and design independently, illustrate/sketch, and brainstorm with a team
- Ability to illustrate/sketch product ideas is a must!
- History of working with a product development team; experience with packaging a plus
- Ability to lead brainstorms and a team of talented creatives
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects at once, while keeping strict deadlines
- Experience presenting to executives or clients
- Experience managing freelance resources
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Presentation Programs; Experience using 3D design programs a plus
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are invited to forward their resume/portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include samples from your portfolio or link to your website.