We Are Passionate Toy Creators
We’ve been coming up with new ideas that bring kids and families together for over 35 years! This passion leads us to attack the day ahead like there is no tomorrow. We are focused on conquering the competition as one team, overcoming obstacles with creativity and lending a hand to those in need. Above all, we are a Creative Company where positivity, fun and great ideas are at the core of who we are!
• Generous Benefits – Medical PPO & HMO, Dental & Vision PPO, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, & 401(k) Match
• Growth opportunities and recognition programs
• Paid time off
• Opportunities for growth-oriented “fun days”
• Employee Referral Bonuses – the best source of new employees is from within! And we pay for that!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at Strottman is not a job, it’s a lifestyle! We are always looking for passionate, creative and hard-working individuals to join our team. If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for any of our open positions below, please send a resume and cover letter along with any additional materials the position asks for.
Product Integrity Analyst – Entry Level
Under direction from the Vice President of Product Integrity, the Product Integrity Analyst will assist in managing the quality and safety of all Strottman Toy Products collaborating with Product Designers and Engineers.
This position would be ideal for recent graduates who enjoy analytical information-heavy positions working with Toy Product AND having FUN on the job. The right person will be dedicated to applying principles of science learned in school and about continuing to learn and grow as a product quality and safety professional.
Additional duties include:
- Become familiar with toy safety regulations in order to review product concepts being proposed for potential presentation to clients
- Manages and tracks all tasks and milestones related to quality & safety
- Issues Design and Concept Evaluations, for each product in every program
- Analyzes any changes or revisions to products due to client or internal input. Assists in the decision-making process on product selection or approval prior to client presentations
- Works closely with client teams to ensure quality and safety input is reflected
- Regular communication with Asia Product Integrity team – Hong Kong & China
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related discipline plus 1 to 2 years of varied experience in high volume consumer products (preferably toys and/or plastics) environment; internships are ok as experience
- A passion for toys and fun! Doesn’t take self too seriously
- Proactive with excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and the ability to manage critical timelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface at all levels of the organization including Asia offices.
- Enjoys collaborating with co-workers on a daily basis
- The ability to multitask with multiple programs at various stages of development
- Advanced Excel experience and experience with MS office suite
Sr. Design Manager/Art Director
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sr. Design Manager/Art Director to work out of our Irvine, CA office.
The Sr. Design Manager/Art Director brings a spirit of innovation and leadership to creative excellence with emphasis on strategically smart creative thinking and ideas including direction for the development and execution of world class promotional toys and other playful products for all Irvine-based clients.
Reporting to the SVP/Executive Creative Director, your duties will include:
- Focusing on the development of the key creative insight/platform “big idea”. Ensures that effective results are driven and applied to the client partner’s business and brand
- Hands-on creative development and brainstorming of promotional programs themes, concepts and toy premiums for client objectives, strategies and requirements
- Delivering dynamic “live” presentations of the creative work for existing clients as well as new business prospects
- Proactively demonstrating break-through thinking, pushes the boundaries, looks for new ideas, fresh approaches, latest product innovations and graphic styles. Doesn’t rely on the “tried and true.”
- Partnering with Account and Engineering leadership to ensure effective teamwork
- Partnering with Business Development on new business prospects
- Partnering with our new Retail Division to come up with new retail toys and games
- Bachelor’s in design, Illustration or Industrial Design and 8+ years’ experience designing and directing all aspects of the creative project lifecycle including both traditional print and digital; 3-5 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience at an agency, design studio, or toy company working on national kids/family brands
- Understands how to design new products and programs according to client brand strategy
- High energy and ability to have fun
- Must have Product Development experience with toys
- Must have a proven ability to present ideas to clients and/or senior management
- Proven ability to deliver and inspire great creative product on strategy
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects at once, while keeping strict deadlines
- Experience managing freelance resources and budget
Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Presentation Programs; familiarity with 3D design programs a plus