“We Are Passionate Toy Creators!”
We’ve been coming up with new ideas that bring kids and families together for over 35 years! This passion leads us to attack the day ahead like there is no tomorrow. We are focused on conquering the competition as one team, overcoming obstacles with creativity and lending a hand to those in need. Above all, we are a Creative Company where positivity, fun and great ideas are at the core of who we are!
• Generous Benefits – Medical PPO & HMO, Dental & Vision PPO, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, & 401(k) Match
• Growth opportunities and recognition programs
• Paid time off
• Opportunities for growth-oriented “fun days”
• Employee Referral Bonuses – the best source of new employees is from within! And we pay for that!”
JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at Strottman is not a job, it’s a lifestyle! We are always looking for passionate, creative and hard-working individuals to join our team. If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for any of our open positions below, please send a resume and cover letter along with any additional materials the position asks for.
Director of Consumer Insights & Research
The Director of Consumer Insights & Research has the primary responsibility for developing and providing consumer insights and research in support of current and future clients and overall company initiatives in the area of kids’ and family marketing and products.
- Conducts primary qualitative and quantitative research including analysis and insights
- Secondary Research – stays current on industry trends through desktop, syndicated research and trendspotting. Provides a relevant, actionable POV with client-facing communication
- Assists in the search for viable licensing partners
- Quarterly Reports – Prepares regular and quarterly reports including: 1) Industry competitive review, 2) General consumer/product trends report, 3) Other ad-hoc reports as needed
- Client and New Business Pitch Presentation & Support – Assist with all aspects of preparing client and new business presentations as well as presenting to clients
- Bachelors’ Degree and 7-10 years’ experience to include business-related research; experience in kids/family product marketing, consumer packaged goods, and primary/secondary research techniques required
- Ability to moderate focus groups and design research questionnaires
- Unique ability to concisely summarize, analyze and report relevant findings and insights
- Superior verbal/written communication skills a must as well as convey compelling points-of-view
- Savvy and “in the know” about trends relevant to today’s kids and families
- Up-to-date on current movies, TV programs, video games, and other entertainment media
- Experienced using social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Etc., as well as blogs
- Comfortable gathering competitive intelligence in retail stores
- Able to find innovative ways of digging up answers to a wide variety of questions and challenges using only publicly-available information and databases on the web
- Not shy when it comes to talking to consumers or store employees on the phone or in person
- Expert in internet search as well as MS Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Must be detail-oriented and focused
- Ability to not take yourself too seriously and have fun at work
Product Designer – Toys
We are looking for outstanding Product Designers to join our growing Irvine office for a new Toy Division. You will have the opportunity to create new, direct to consumer, proprietary brands working with an exceptional team of professionals.
The Product Designer role is a hands-on design position that will work on creating NEW Strottman proprietary brands! Reporting to the Executive Creative Director and working closely with senior management, you will impact bottom-line results by brainstorming innovative ideas, designing new toys and packaging – taking your ideas from preliminary design concepts and presentation materials through final manufactured/printed product and collateral.
This position works collaboratively with all departments in a team environment.
- Must have a passion for and proven track record of coming up with innovative ideas!
- Bachelors in Design, Illustration or Industrial Design and 3- 5 years’ experience designing toys
- High level of energy, effective collaboration, and the ability to not take yourself too seriously
- Consumer of pop culture and everything kids and family related
- Capability to innovate and design independently, and brainstorm with a team
- Ability to illustrate/sketch product ideas is a must including ability to create orthographic views
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects at once, while keeping strict deadlines
- Experience managing freelance resources
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Presentation Programs; Experience using 3D design programs a plus
In addition to a resume and cover letter, applicants who meet the above qualifications are invited to also forward their portfolio, website link, and/or other work samples.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.